An AGA cooker is a popular choice for homeowners who are looking for an efficient and stylish cooking solution. With a variety of models available, it can be challenging to know which one is right for your home. In this guide, we will take a closer look at the different types of wood burning aga cookers for sale available, and what factors you should consider when choosing the right one for your home.
Types of Wood Burning AGA Cookers
There are several types of wood burning AGA cookers available, each with their own unique features and benefits. Here are some of the most popular models:
- AGA Little Wenlock Classic – The Little Wenlock Classic is a compact and efficient stove that is ideal for smaller homes or as a secondary heating source. It has a maximum heat output of 4.7kW and can heat up to 100 cubic metres of space.
- AGA Much Wenlock Classic – The Much Wenlock Classic is a larger stove that is perfect for heating larger homes or as a primary heating source. It has a maximum heat output of 7.5kW and can heat up to 165 cubic metres of space.
- AGA Ludlow Stove – The Ludlow stove is a versatile and stylish stove that can be used as a primary heating source or as a secondary stove. It has a maximum heat output of 6.5kW and can heat up to 120 cubic metres of space.
- AGA Ellesmere Stove – The Ellesmere stove is a sleek and modern stove that is perfect for contemporary homes. It has a maximum heat output of 5.9kW and can heat up to 100 cubic metres of space.
- AGA Dorrington Stove – The Dorrington stove is a large and powerful stove that is perfect for heating larger homes. It has a maximum heat output of 8kW and can heat up to 180 cubic metres of space.
Factors to Consider
When choosing the right wood burning AGA cooker for your home, there are several factors that you should consider:
- Size – The size of the stove you choose will depend on the size of your home and the space you have available. If you have a smaller home, a compact stove like the Little Wenlock Classic may be the best option. If you have a larger home, a stove like the Dorrington may be more suitable.
- Heat Output – The heat output of the stove is an important factor to consider, as it will determine how much heat the stove can generate. If you are using the stove as a primary heating source, you will need a stove with a higher heat output. If you are using the stove as a secondary heating source, a stove with a lower heat output may be sufficient.
- Style – AGA cookers come in a range of styles, from traditional to modern. Consider the style of your home and choose a stove that complements it.
- Fuel – AGA cookers can run on a variety of fuels, including wood, coal, and gas. If you want an eco-friendly option, a wood-burning stove may be the best choice.
- Price – AGA cookers can be expensive, so it is important to set a budget and choose a stove that fits within it.
A wood-burning AGA cooker can be an excellent investment for any home cook who loves traditional cooking methods and wants a durable and efficient appliance. With a range of sizes, colors, and cooking options available, there is an AGA cooker to suit every kitchen and cooking style.
Before purchasing an AGA cooker, consider your cooking needs, kitchen space, and budget. Research different models and compare features to find the best fit for you. And don’t forget to factor in the installation cost and any additional requirements, such as venting or electrical work.
With proper care and maintenance, an AGA cooker can last for decades and provide reliable and delicious cooking for generations to come.